ENTITLED, An Act to provide for the addition of certain employees of the municipality of Sioux Falls to the South Dakota Retirement System.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA:
Section 1. That chapter 3-12 be amended by adding thereto a NEW SECTION to read as follows:
Notwithstanding the provisions of § 3-12-67, any employee of the municipality of Sioux Falls who begins working after June 30, 2013, as a permanent full-time employee as defined in subdivision 3-12-47(54) shall be a member of the system if the municipality of Sioux Falls elects to be a participating unit by a duly passed resolution of its governing body.
Section 2. That § 3-12-63 be amended to read as follows:
3-12-63. Membership in the system shall exclude the following:
(1) All elective officers except justices and judges, unless such person elects and is otherwise qualified to become a member of the system;
(2) All personnel in the Department of Labor and Regulation who were employed prior to July 1, 1980, and who elect to remain participants in the retirement system provided by chapter 61-2;
(3) State Cement Plant employees;
(4) The governing body of any participating county, municipality, or other political subdivision;
(5) All personnel employed by the municipality of Sioux Falls prior to July 1, 2013. However, any person employed prior to July 1, 2013, who separates from service with the municipality of Sioux Falls and is subsequently rehired by the municipality of Sioux Falls and begins working after June 30, 2013, as a permanent full-time employee as defined in subdivision 3-12-47(54), shall be a member of the system.
An Act to provide for the addition of certain employees of the municipality of Sioux Falls to the South Dakota Retirement System.
I certify that the attached Act originated in the
HOUSE as Bill No. 1024
Speaker of the House
President of the Senate
Secretary of the Senate
House Bill No. 1024
File No. ____
Chapter No. ______
Received at this Executive Office this _____ day of _____________ ,
20____ at ____________ M.
for the Governor
The attached Act is hereby approved this ________ day of ______________ , A.D., 20___
STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA,
Office of the Secretary of State
Filed ____________ , 20___
at _________ o'clock __ M.
Secretary of State
Asst. Secretary of State