ENTITLED, An Act to revise provisions regarding engaging in sexual activity for a fee or other compensation.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA:
Section 1. That § 26-8B-2 be amended to read:
26-8B-2. For purposes of this chapter, a child in need of supervision is a child:
(1) Of compulsory school age who is habitually absent from school without legal excuse;
(2) Who has run away from home or is otherwise beyond the control of the child's parent, guardian, or custodian;
(3) Whose behavior or condition endangers the child's own welfare or the welfare of others;
(4) Who has violated any federal or state law or regulation or local ordinance for which there is not a penalty of a criminal nature for an adult, other than a violation of subdivision 34-46-2(2) or a petty offense;
(5) Who has violated § 32-23-21 or 35-9-2; or
(6) Who engages in prostitution by offering to engage in sexual activity for a fee or other compensation.
Section 2. That § 22-23-1 be amended to read:
22-23-1. A person who is eighteen years of age or older and who engages in or offers to engage in sexual activity for a fee or other compensation is guilty of prostitution, a Class 1 misdemeanor.
Section 3. That § 22-23-9 be amended to read:
22-23-9. A person who hires or attempts to hire another person for a fee or other compensation to engage in sexual activity is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A person who is convicted of, or has pled guilty to, one or more violations of this section or § 22-23-2 in the previous ten years is guilty of a Class 6 felony.
An Act to revise provisions regarding engaging in sexual activity for a fee or other compensation.
I certify that the attached Act originated in the
HOUSE as Bill No. 1063
Speaker of the House
President of the Senate
Secretary of the Senate
House Bill No. 1063
File No. ____
Chapter No. ______
Received at this Executive Office this _____ day of _____________ ,
20____ at ____________ M.
for the Governor
The attached Act is hereby approved this ________ day of ______________ , A.D., 20___
STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA,
Office of the Secretary of State
Filed ____________ , 20___
at _________ o'clock __ M.
Secretary of State
Asst. Secretary of State