ENTITLED, An Act to revise the area where certain nonresident waterfowl licenses may be issued.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA:
Section 1. That ARSD 41:06:16:11 be amended to read:
41:06:16:11...Maximum number of nonresident waterfowl licenses _ Open units _ Dates _ License restrictions. The maximum number of nonresident waterfowl licenses to be issued by lottery is 4,000 special nonresident waterfowl licenses, 2,000 early fall Canada goose temporary nonresident licenses, 2,000 fall three-day temporary nonresident waterfowl licenses, 100 nonresident youth waterfowl licenses, and 10,000 spring snow goose temporary nonresident licenses divided for administrative purposes as follows:
(1) Unit NRW-00A: the counties of Union, Clay, Yankton, Bon Homme, and Charles Mix. No more than 250 special nonresident waterfowl licenses may be issued;
(2) Unit NRW-00B: all open counties not in Units NRW-00A or NRW-11A. No more than 3,725 special nonresident waterfowl licenses may be issued;
(3) Unit NRW-00C: those counties as described in §.41:06:50:02. No more than 2,000 early fall Canada goose temporary nonresident waterfowl licenses may be issued;
(4) Unit NRW-11A: Bennett County. No more than 25 special nonresident waterfowl licenses may be issued. The season in this unit is open for 65 consecutive days beginning on the third Saturday of October and during any period that Bennett County is open in January as described in subdivision 41:06:16:07(3);
(5) Unit NRW-00X: the counties of Campbell, Edmunds, Faulk, McPherson, Walworth, Potter, Stanley, Sully, Hughes, and Lyman. No more than 1,500 fall three-day temporary nonresident waterfowl licenses may be issued. The licenses issued pursuant to this subdivision in Potter, Stanley, Sully, Hughes, and Lyman are valid only on private property as provided by SDCL 41-6-18.4;
(6) Unit NRW-00Y: the counties of Spink, Brown, Marshall, Roberts, Day, Grant, Clark, Codington, Deuel, and Hamlin. No more than 500 three-day temporary nonresident waterfowl licenses may be issued;
(7) Unit NRW-ST1: statewide. No more than 10,000 spring snow goose temporary nonresident licenses may be issued. The licenses issued pursuant to this subdivision are valid only during a Conservation Order;
(8) Unit NYW-YW1: statewide. No more than 100 nonresident youth waterfowl licenses may be issued for the youth waterfowl season established in Chapter 41:06:09. A nonresident youth may also hunt during the youth waterfowl season with a valid waterfowl hunting license as provided for in this section.
Licenses issued under this section are valid only in the unit for which they are issued. Licenses for Unit NRW-11A include two tags for Canada geese. Each tag is valid for taking one Canada goose consistent with the provisions of §.41:06:16:09. Each goose shall be tagged immediately upon retrieval. The tag shall be attached to the goose as instructed on each tag.
An Act to revise the area where certain nonresident waterfowl licenses may be issued.
I certify that the attached Act originated in the
SENATE as Bill No. 123
Secretary of the Senate
President of the Senate
Secretary of the Senate
Speaker of the House
Senate Bill No. 123
File No. ____
Chapter No. ______
Received at this Executive Office this _____ day of _____________ ,
20____ at ____________ M.
for the Governor
The attached Act is hereby approved this ________ day of ______________ , A.D., 20___
STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA,
Office of the Secretary of State
Filed ____________ , 20___
at _________ o'clock __ M.
Secretary of State
Asst. Secretary of State