ENTITLED, An Act to revise certain provisions regarding the Bureau of Information and Telecommunications assistance to schools.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA:
Section 1. That § 1-33-43 be amended to read:
1-33-43. The Bureau of Information and Telecommunications shall perform functions to include:
(1) Providing technical and management assistance to state agencies and institutions as to systems or methods to be used to meet information and communication requirements efficiently and effectively;
(2) Developing and proposing operational technical standards for the state information systems which will ensure the interconnection of computer networks and information of state agencies;
(3) Purchasing from, or contracting with, suppliers and communications common carriers for communications facilities or services;
(4) Cooperating with any federal, state, or local emergency management agency in providing for emergency communication and information services;
(5) Providing, where deemed feasible, a means whereby local governmental agencies, the association authorized by § 13-8-10.1, and the school administrators of South Dakota may utilize the state communication and information systems and service;
(6) In cooperation with the appropriate state agencies, plan, design, and conduct experiments in information services, equipment, and technology, and to implement enhancements in the state information system; and
(7) Providing, where deemed feasible, any tribally controlled school or Bureau of Indian Education school a means to utilize the state communication and information systems and
service at the school's expense and purchase bandwidth at the same rate as other agencies listed in this chapter.
An Act to revise certain provisions regarding the Bureau of Information and Telecommunications assistance to schools.
I certify that the attached Act originated in the
SENATE as Bill No. 212
Secretary of the Senate
President of the Senate
Secretary of the Senate
Speaker of the House
Senate Bill No. 212
File No. ____
Chapter No. ______
Received at this Executive Office this _____ day of _____________ ,
20____ at ____________ M.
for the Governor
The attached Act is hereby approved this ________ day of ______________ , A.D., 20___
STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA,
Office of the Secretary of State
Filed ____________ , 20___
at _________ o'clock __ M.
Secretary of State
Asst. Secretary of State