10:04:02:01. Micrographic system requirements. A state agency acquiring micrographics system services or operating their own micrographics system shall meet the following requirements for all records:
(1) The records officer shall set forth in writing the procedures for establishment of the micrographics system in his agency, including the agencies or service bureaus responsible for operating and maintaining the system;
(2) The micrographics system must be complete and its use must be consistent with the written procedures established by the agency;
(3) The records officer shall establish procedures for appropriate documentation so a document being copied can be followed through the micrographics system;
(4) The records officer shall establish internal procedures for inspection and quality assurance;
(5) The records officer is responsible for having effective identification, processing, storage, and preservation of the micrographic record and for making it readily available for as long as the record is required to be retained by the currently authorized records retention and destruction schedule;
(6) The records officer shall keep a record of where, when, by whom, and on what equipment the micrographic record was produced. This information shall be retained for as long as the documents or images of the documents must be retained according to the currently authorized records retention and destruction schedule, whichever is longer;
(7) The records officer shall maintain a detailed index of all microfilmed records arranged in a manner that permits the immediate location of any particular record; and
(8) When displayed on a micrographics reader or viewer or reproduced on paper, the image must exhibit legibility and readability as defined in subdivisions 10:04:01:01(4) and (5).
Source: 11 SDR 91, effective January 15, 1985.
General Authority: SDCL 1-27-16.
Law Implemented: SDCL 1-27-10, 1-27-12.
Cross-Reference: Additional micrographic requirements for long-term records, § 10:04:02:02.
Back to 10:04:02