20:10:24:06. Classification -- Application requirements. A telecommunications company, other entity, or a person shall initiate a classification proceeding by filing an application with the commission. The application shall include, at a minimum, the following information:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the applicant;
(2) If the applicant is requesting that a service be classified as a fully competitive service, the application shall include a specific description of the service or product for which deregulation is sought. If the applicant is requesting that a service be classified as an emerging competitive service, the application shall include a specific description of the service or product for which reduced regulation is sought and the type of reduced regulation requested;
(3) The geographic areas in which the service is or will be offered;
(4) A list of other providers of similar or substitutable services or products and any significant, functional differences between the applicant's service or product and other available services or products;
(5) The estimated market share of the applicant;
(6) If no cost allocation methodology has been prescribed pursuant to SDCL 49-31-4, any available costs and estimated demand data;
(7) Two copies of all applicable tariff pages for the service or product;
(8) A description of all effective rate elements for the service or product;
(9) If the provision of the service or product involves the use of investments or expenses that are jointly used to provide services or products regulated under this chapter, then identify the accounts affected and separate the costs within those accounts which are related to the service;
(10) Specific information upon which the applicant will rely to demonstrate that the service or product is subject to effective competition in the relevant market for that service and that deregulation will promote the public interest and the provision of adequate and reliable service at just and reasonable rates; and
(11) The manner by which notice of price list changes will be provided to customers and the commission.
The commission may require additional information at any time from the applicant.
Source: 16 SDR 106, effective December 27, 1989.
General Authority:SDCL 49-31-5.
Law Implemented:SDCL 49-31-3.2.
Back to 20:10:24