20:62:02:03. Temporary permit prior to licensure. An applicant for a temporary permit prior to licensure as a nurse practitioner or nurse midwife shall file with the Board of Nursing an application containing the following information:
(1) Verification of current licensure, privilege to practice, or temporary permit as a registered nurse in South Dakota;
(2) Verification of completing a nurse practitioner or nurse midwife education program that meets the requirements of § 20:62:02:01.01;
(3) Written evidence that the applicant is an accepted candidate to write the required certification examination, or is awaiting the results of the first examination for which the applicant is eligible after graduation from a program for nurse practitioners or nurse midwives;
(4) A copy of the applicant's supervisory agreement in the form prescribed by the board. The supervisor shall hold an unencumbered nurse practitioner, nurse midwife, or physician license and have a minimum of two years of licensed practice in a comparable area of practice as the applicant's role and educational preparation;
(5) A set of fingerprint cards required in subdivision 20:62:02:02(6); and
(6) The fees required in subdivisions 20:62:01:11(1) and (2).
The supervisory agreement expires when the temporary permit expires. The temporary permit expires 120 days following issuance and is renewable. The holder of a temporary permit must use the title, certified nurse practitioner applicant (CNP App), or, certified nurse midwife applicant (CNM App), whichever pertains. If the holder of a permit is notified by the board that licensure by examination has been denied to the holder, the permit is invalid on the date the notice is received by the holder.
Source: 9 SDR 126, effective April 13, 1983; 12 SDR 151, 12 SDR 155, effective July 1, 1986; 22 SDR 179, effective June 26, 1996; 26 SDR 67, effective November 21, 1999; 45 SDR 9, effective July 30, 2018.
General Authority: SDCL 36-9A-41.
Law Implemented: SDCL 36-9A-2.1, 36-9A-2.3, 36-9A-4, 36-9A-9.1, 36-9A-26.
Back to 20:62:02