20:80:05:06. ACT academic and work experience requirements. An applicant for ACT shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Have a minimum of a high school diploma or general education diploma;
(2) Be employed by or volunteer for an agency to participate in activities related specific to the alcohol and drug counselor domains to include the 12 core functions as defined in § 20:80:01:01;
(3) Be supervised by a qualified CAC or LAC throughout the entire recognition period as a trainee;
(4) Adhere to all applicable ethical standards adopted by the board;
(5) Identify oneself to the public as an addiction counselor trainee; and
(6) Before the trainee recognition period ends, complete all academic and work experience requirements for certification or licensure as defined in §§ 20:80:05:09 or 20:80:05:10 and successfully pass the examination as defined in chapter 20:80:07.
Source: 32 SDR 225, adopted June 13, 2006, effective January 1, 2008; transferred from § 46:33:05:06, 40 SDR 58, effective October 9, 2013.
General Authority: SDCL 36-34-12(1)(3).
Law Implemented: SDCL 36-34-12(1)(3).
Back to 20:80:05