20:81:01:12. Grounds for denial. The Commission may deny an application for registration or licensure based on:
(1) Failure to demonstrate the minimum qualifications for registration or licensure;
(2) An inability to perform the duties of the respective position in which the applicant is seeking registration or licensure;
(3) Medical, administrative, or disciplinary actions or sanctions by the Commission or by another jurisdiction;
(4) Actions by the applicant which fail to demonstrate financial responsibility, experience, character, or general fitness of the applicant, including in the case of corporations, its officers and stakeholders, are such that the participation of such applicant will be consistent with the public interest, convenience, or necessity and the safety of contestants and with the best interest of the sport, generally; or
(5) Violation of any Commission rule or statute.
The Commission shall not issue a registration to any applicant as a boxer, kickboxer, or mixed martial artist who has suffered a cerebral hemorrhage of any type.
Source: 41 SDR 7, effective July 28, 2014.
General Authority: SDCL 42-12-10.
Law Implemented: SDCL 42-12-10.
Back to 20:81:01