24:05:14:19. State advisory panel -- Membership. The advisory panel must consist of members appointed by the Governor, or any other official authorized under state law to make such appointments, be representative of the state population, and be composed of individuals involved in, or concerned with, the education of children with disabilities, including:
(1) Parents of children with disabilities, ages birth through 26;
(2) Individuals with disabilities;
(4) Representatives of institutions of higher education that prepare special education and related services personnel;
(5) State and local education officials, including officials who carry out activities under subtitle B of title VII of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, as amended to January 1, 2007;
(6) Administrators of programs for children with disabilities;
(7) Representatives of other state agencies involved in the financing or delivery of related services to children with disabilities;
(8) Representatives of private schools;
(9) Not less than one representative of a vocational, community, or business organization concerned with the provision of transition services to children with disabilities;
(10) A representative from the state child welfare agency responsible for foster care; and
(11) Representatives from the state juvenile and adult corrections agencies.
A majority of the members of the panel must be individuals with disabilities or parents of children with disabilities, ages birth through 26.
Source: 33 SDR 236, effective July 5, 2007.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:05:14