24:05:14:20. State advisory panel -- Duties. The advisory panel shall:
(1) Advise the department of unmet needs within the state in the education of children with disabilities;
(2) Comment publicly on any rules proposed by the department related to the education of children with disabilities;
(3) Advise the department in developing evaluations and reporting on data to the U.S. Secretary of Education under section 618 of the IDEA;
(4) Advise the department in developing corrective action plans to address findings identified in federal monitoring reports under Part B of the IDEA; and
(5) Advise the department in developing and implementing policies related to the coordination of services for children with disabilities.
Source: 33 SDR 236, effective July 5, 2007.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:05:14