24:05:15:07. Information about complaint procedures. The department's special education programs shall inform parents and other interested individuals, including parent training centers, protection and advocacy agencies, independent living centers, and other appropriate entities about the state's complaint procedures by taking the following actions:
(1) Conducting parent surveys through the state's monitoring process;
(2) Providing copies of the state's procedures to parent and advocacy groups across the state;
(3) Notifying local school districts through statewide memoranda;
(4) Presenting state procedures at statewide conferences; and
(5) Disseminating copies to parent training and information centers, independent living centers, protection and advocacy agencies, and other appropriate entities.
Source: 20 SDR 33, effective September 8, 1993; 23 SDR 31, effective September 8, 1996; 26 SDR 150, effective May 22, 2000; 33 SDR 236, effective July 5, 2007.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:05:15