24:05:30:05. Content of notice. The notice must include the following:
(1) A description of the action proposed or refused by the district, an explanation of why the district proposes or refuses to take the action, and a description of any other options the IEP team considered and the reasons why those options were rejected;
(2) A description of each evaluation procedure, assessment, record, or report that the district uses as a basis for the proposal or refusal;
(3) A description of any other factors which are relevant to the district's proposal or refusal;
(4) A statement that the parents of a child with a disability have protection under the procedural safeguards of this article and, if this notice is not an initial referral for evaluation, the means by which a copy of a description of the procedural safeguards can be obtained; and
(5) Sources for parents to contact to obtain assistance in understanding the provisions of this article.
Source: 16 SDR 41, effective September 7, 1989; 23 SDR 31, effective September 8, 1996; 26 SDR 150, effective May 22, 2000; 33 SDR 236, effective July 5, 2007.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:05:30