24:05:36:04. Application -- Required components. A school district's application for coordinated early intervening services funds must include the following components:
(1) A description of the process used to identify the students to be provided early intervening services;
(2) The scientifically-based activities and services for which funds will be used;
(3) A budget for state and local coordinated early intervention services funds including an accounting system for tracking these state and local funds separate from federal funds;
(4) Assurances that the district will continue to:
(a) Provide a FAPE to all students with disabilities consistent with this article; and
(b) Meet the maintenance of effort requirements referenced in chapter 24:05:19 for any fiscal year; and
(5) A description of the process to be used to identify whether a student who receives coordinated early intervening services qualifies to receive special education or special education and related services within two years.
Source: 40 SDR 40, effective September 11, 2013.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1, 13-37-58.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-37-1.1, 13-37-35.1, 13-37-40, 13-37-55 to 13-37-59, inclusive.
Back to 24:05:36