24:14:08:01. General requirements for early intervention services. Early intervention services are developmental services that meet the following requirements:
(1) Are designed to meet the developmental needs of each child eligible under this article and the needs of the family related to enhancing the child's development as identified by the individualized family service plan team in any one or more of the developmental areas listed in § 24:14:12:02;
(2) Are selected in collaboration with the parents;
(3) Are provided under public supervision by qualified personnel in conformity with an individualized family service plan pursuant to chapter 24:14:13 at no cost to parents;
(4) Meet the service standards in this article; and
(5) To the maximum extent appropriate, are provided in the natural environment pursuant to § 24:14:08:02.
Source: 20 SDR 223, effective July 7, 1994; 39 SDR 109, effective December 17, 2012.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-23, 13-14-1, 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:14:08