24:14:08:05. Audiology services. Audiology services include the following:
(1) Identification of children with auditory impairment, using at-risk criteria and appropriate audiological screening techniques;
(2) Determination of the range, nature, and degree of hearing loss and communication functions by use of audiological evaluation procedures;
(3) Referral for medical and other services necessary for the habilitation or rehabilitation of an infant or toddler with a disability who has an auditory impairment;
(4) Provision of auditory training; aural rehabilitation; speech, reading and listening device orientation, and training; and other services;
(5) Provision of services for prevention of hearing loss; and
(6) Determination of the child's need for individual amplification, including selecting, fitting, and dispensing appropriate listening and vibrotactile devices and evaluating the effectiveness of those devices.
Source: 20 SDR 223, effective July 7, 1994; 39 SDR 109, effective December 17, 2012
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-23, 13-14-1, 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:14:08