24:14:08:14. Social work services. Social work services include the following:
(1) Making home visits to evaluate a child's living conditions and patterns of parent-child interaction;
(2) Preparing a social or emotional developmental assessment of the child within the family context;
(3) Providing individual and family-group counseling with parents and other family members and providing activities with the child and parents to build social skills;
(4) Working with those problems in a child's and family's living situation that affect the child's maximum utilization of early intervention services in the home, community, and any center where early intervention services are provided; and
(5) Identifying, mobilizing, and coordinating community resources and services to enable the child and the family to receive maximum benefit from early intervention services.
Source: 20 SDR 223, effective July 7, 1994.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-23, 13-14-1, 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:14:08