24:14:09:01. Responsibilities of service coordinator. Each child eligible under this article and the child's family shall have available one service coordinator selected pursuant to § 24:14:10:03 who is responsible for the following:
(1) Assisting parents of eligible children in gaining access to the early intervention services and other services identified in the individualized family service plan including making referrals to providers for needed services and scheduling appointments for children and families;
(2) Coordinating the provision of early intervention services and other services, such as educational, social, and medical services for other than diagnostic and evaluation purposes, that the child needs or is being provided;
(3) Facilitating the timely delivery of available services including coordinating all services required under this article across agency lines;
(4) Continuously seeking the appropriate services and situations necessary to benefit the development of each child being served for the duration of the child's eligibility; and
(5) Serving as the single point of contact in helping clients to obtain service and assistance.
Source: 20 SDR 223, effective July 7, 1994; 39 SDR 109, effective December 17, 2012.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-23, 13-14-1, 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:14:09