24:14:09:02. Activities of service coordinator. Specific service coordination activities include the following:
(1) Coordinating the performance of evaluations and assessments;
(2) Facilitating and participating in the development, review, and evaluation of individualized family service plans;
(3) Conducting referral and other activities to assist families in identifying available service providers;
(4) Coordinating, facilitating, and monitoring the delivery of available services to ensure that services are provided in a timely manner;
(5) Informing families of their rights and procedural safeguards in this article and related resources including the availability of advocacy services;
(6) Coordinating with medical and health providers;
(7) Facilitating the development of a transition plan to preschool, school, or to other services, if applicable;
(8) Coordinating the funding sources for services required under this article; and
(9) Conducting follow-up activities to determine that appropriate Part C services are being provided.
Source: 20 SDR 223, effective July 7, 1994; 39 SDR 109, effective December 17, 2012.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-23, 13-14-1, 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:14:09