24:14:12:02.01. Procedures for evaluation of child. Procedures for evaluating the child must include:
(1) Administering two or more evaluation instruments;
(2) Taking the child's history, including interviewing the parent;
(3) Identifying the child's level of functioning in each of the developmental areas in § 24:14:12:02;
(4) Gathering information from other sources such as family members, other care-givers, medical providers, social workers, and educators, if necessary, to understand the full scope of the child's unique strengths and needs; and
(5) Reviewing medical, educational, or other records.
Source: 39 SDR 109, effective December 17, 2012.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-23, 13-14-1, 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:14:12