24:14:13:06. Participation in individualized family service plan meetings and periodic reviews. The initial meeting and each annual meeting to evaluate the individualized family service plan must include the following participants:
(1) The parent or parents of the child;
(2) Other family members, as requested by the parent, if feasible;
(3) An advocate or person outside the family, if the parent requests that the person participate;
(4) The service coordinator who has been designated by the contractor to be responsible for implementation of the individualized family service plan;
(5) A person or persons directly involved in conducting evaluations and assessments;
(6) As appropriate, the person or persons who will be providing early intervention services to the child or family;
(7) A school district representative at the initial eligibility determination; and
(8) A school district representative if the child is in need of prolonged assistance.
If a person listed in subdivision (5) of this section is unable to attend a meeting, the person shall participate by a telephone call, by having a knowledgeable authorized representative attend the meeting, or by making pertinent records available for the meeting.
Each periodic review must provide for the participation of the persons listed in subdivisions (1) to (4), inclusive, of this section. If conditions warrant, provisions must be made for the participation of other representatives identified in this section.
Source: 20 SDR 223, effective July 7, 1994; 28 SDR 105, effective January 31, 2002; 35 SDR 82, effective October 22, 2008; 39 SDR 109, effective December 17, 2012.
General Authority: SDCL 13-37-1.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-23, 13-14-1, 13-37-1.1.
Back to 24:14:13