24:30:07:02. Standards to be met by full depository libraries. The State Library Board shall select two libraries to be full depository libraries under the state publications library distribution program. A full depository library must receive from the State Library one nondigital copy of any state publication available in only nondigital format, and shall agree to educate users about the state publications library distribution program. Libraries designated as full depository libraries shall:
(1) Designate a person by name as administrator of the program for the purpose of direct contact with staff at the State Library;
(2) Retain and make accessible all state publications obtained through the program, regardless of format, for a minimum of five years with the exception of those publications that are clearly superseded by subsequent editions or that are issued at a later date in cumulated form;
(3) Discard publications received through the program only according to procedures set forth by the State Library;
(4) Allow the state librarian access to the program for purposes of evaluation;
(5) Conduct at least two annual public orientations or workshops that highlight the use of state publications; and
(6) Attend, annually, at least one continuing education opportunity offered by the State Library government publications staff.
Source: 39 SDR 32, effective September 3, 2012.
General Authority: SDCL 14-1-59(2), 14-1A-2.
Law Implemented: SDCL 14-1A-2.
Back to 24:30:07