24:44:01:06. Factors considered. If a school district appeals the imposition of a financial penalty imposed under SDCL 13-13-73.6, the board shall consider the following factors in determining whether to recommend waiver of the penalty:
(1) Fiscal impact due to teacher retirement;
(2) Fiscal impact due to declining student enrollment;
(3) Fiscal impact due to changes in benefit expenditures such as changes in family status and health insurance;
(4) Effects of unexpected teacher resignations; and
(5) Any unforeseen or extenuating circumstances affecting the school district's ability to meet its accountability targets as documented by the school district.
Source: 44 SDR 22, effective August 8, 2017.
General Authority: SDCL 1-45-38.
Law Implemented: SDCL 1-45-38, 13-13-73.5, 13-13-73.6.
Back to 24:44:01