44:73:11:09. Quality of life. A facility shall provide care and an environment that contributes to the resident's quality of life, including:
(1) A safe, clean, comfortable, and homelike environment;
(2) Maintenance or enhancement of the resident's ability to preserve individuality, exercise self-determination, and control everyday physical needs;
(3) Freedom from physical or chemical restraints imposed for purposes of discipline or convenience;
(4) Freedom from verbal, sexual, physical, and mental abuse and from involuntary seclusion, neglect, or exploitation imposed by anyone, and theft of personal property;
(5) Retention and use of personal possessions, including furnishings and clothing, as space permits, unless to do so would infringe upon the rights or health and safety of other residents; and
(6) Support and coordination to assure pain is recognized and addressed appropriately.
Source: 19 SDR 95, effective January 7, 1993; 22 SDR 70, effective November 19, 1995; 28 SDR 83, effective December 16, 2001; transferred from § 44:04:17:09, 42 SDR 51, effective October 13, 2015.
General Authority: SDCL 34-12-13(15).
Law Implemented: SDCL 34-12-13(15).
Cross-Reference: Care policies, § 44:73:04:12.
Back to 44:73:11