67:14:32:30. Training and development. Adoptive applicants must complete a 30-hour training course provided by the department. The course includes training in the following areas:
(1) The impact of separation on child development;
(2) How attachments are formed;
(3) The importance of the birth family;
(4) Techniques of managing behavior;
(5) Permanency planning for children; and
(6) Child development.
Source: 17 SDR 157, effective April 23, 1991.
General Authority: SDCL 26-4-9.1.
Law Implemented: SDCL 26-4-9.1.
Back to 67:14:32