74:32:04:01. Procedure for investigation of claims. After notification of a spill or release, the director or the agent of the director shall investigate the spill or release. The director or agent shall do the following:
(1) Examine the location of the spill or release;
(2) Interview persons for information concerning the spill or release;
(3) Examine records concerning the spill or release, corrective action taken, and any expenses incurred;
(4) Prepare a written report concerning the validity of the claim, including an estimate of the eligible expenses necessary for corrective action; and
(5) Complete other tasks or duties specified by the director.
Source: 15 SDR 72, effective November 17, 1988; 17 SDR 94, effective January 6, 1991; 23 SDR 220, effective June 25, 1997.
General Authority: SDCL 34A-13-16.
Law Implemented: SDCL 34A-13-6, 34A-13-15, 34A-13-16, 34A-13-27.
Back to 74:32:04