24:28:12:08. Employer requirements effective July 1, 2019. A public or department-accredited school employing a CTE alternative teaching certificate applicant shall:
(1) Verify the applicant has a valid alternative preliminary certificate;
(2) Document that the school attempted but was unable to hire a teacher with a professional or advanced teaching certificate prior to hiring an applicant with an alternative certificate;
(3) Offer a state-approved mentoring program;
(4) Provide the applicant with information about the South Dakota Code of Professional Ethics for Teachers in chapter 24:08:03;
(5) Train the applicant on the school teacher evaluation system; and
(6) Recommend the CTE alternative certificate applicant based on documented performance and progress.
These requirements are effective July 1, 2019.
Source: 43 SDR 175, effective July 3, 2017.
General Authority: SDCL 13-1-12.1, 13-42-3.
Law Implemented: SDCL 13-1-12.1, 13-42-1 to 13-42-4, inclusive, 13-43-5, 13-43-5.1.