24:52:10:12. Approval for expenditures required. The Deadwood preservation commission shall obtain approval from the board for annual and supplemental budgets containing Deadwood preservation funds. The board shall issue approval if the expenditure is allowable and consistent with SDCL 42-7B-4, 42-7B-5, 42-7B-46, and this chapter. The procedure for approval of expenditures is as follows:
(1) Requests for approval of annual budgets and supplemental budgets and for special approval in subdivision (5) of this section must be in writing and must include justification for line item expenditures including documentation of direct benefit for historic preservation in a format agreed upon by the city and the board;
(2) Except for special approvals allowed in subdivision (5) of this section, board approval of preservation fund budget expenditures must be obtained prior to the approval of the city's annual budget;
(3) The board may approve or deny line items, cost categories, activities, or projects not identified in this chapter;
(4) The board may qualify approvals and set out conditions for the funding and conduct of activities not identified in this chapter or which, in the opinion of the board, may threaten historic qualities in Deadwood;
(5) Special approvals may be given by the board for unexpected emergencies, unanticipated opportunities, or special needs or expenditures not identified in an approved budget but arising throughout the city's fiscal year if those approvals are consistent with this chapter;
(6) The city shall, within 60 days after the close of its fiscal year, submit a comprehensive report to the board on activities, projects, and expenditures made from the Deadwood preservation fund in a format agreed upon by the city and the board.
Source: 19 SDR 122, effective February 25, 1993; 24 SDR 73, effective December 4, 1997; 28 SDR 182, effective July 10, 2002.
General Authority:SDCL 42-7B-5, 42-7B-46.
Law Implemented:SDCL 42-7B-5, 42-7B-46.