40-18-18. Annual report to Senate and House committees. The State Brand Board shall make an annual report to the Senate and House Committees on Agriculture and Natural Resources and to the Senate and House Government Operations and Audit Committees. The report shall describe and document the activities of the board for the previous calendar year and shall include the following:
(1) The number and type of livestock that have been inspected during the previous calendar year under the auspices of the board;
(2) The amount collected in inspection fees for the previous calendar year;
(3) The number and type of livestock that have been reported lost or stolen during the previous calendar year;
(4) The number and type of livestock that were placed on hold status pursuant to § 40-21-12 during the previous calendar year if the hold status was not resolved at the livestock auction market and if the hold status was reported to the Brand Board office by the livestock auction market, and the disposition of such cases;
(5) An accounting for any money paid to owners of livestock that had been placed on hold status;
(6) An accounting for livestock for which ownership is not established and for any money associated with such livestock that is placed in the livestock ownership inspection and theft prevention fund pursuant to § 40-21-17;
(7) The number of investigations conducted and the number of convictions obtained;
(8) Other information requested by the committee or other information that the board deems appropriate to provide to the committee.
The report is due, in writing, for delivery to the committees not later than the first day of the annual legislative session. Each committee may also require the board to present the report in person at a meeting of the committee held during the legislative session.
Source: SL 2009, ch 202, § 1.
Get Chapter 40-18