1-16E-3. Definition of terms. Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) "Agricultural enterprise," the acquisition, construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or improvement of land, buildings, improvements thereto or personal property, which land, buildings, improvements, or personal property are located within the State of South Dakota and are necessary or suitable for use in farming, ranching, or the production of agricultural commodities or necessary or suitable for treating, processing, storing, or transporting raw agricultural commodities;
(2) "Authority," the Value Added Finance Authority created pursuant to this chapter;
(2A) "Beginning farmer," an individual or partnership with a low or moderate net worth that engages in or wishes to engage in farming or ranching;
(3) "Board," the board of directors of the authority;
(4) "Bonds," bonds, notes and certificates, and bond, grant, or revenue anticipation notes or any other evidence of indebtedness representing an obligation to pay money;
(5) "Business enterprise," a work or improvement located within the State of South Dakota including, but not limited to, real property, buildings, equipment, furnishings and, any other real and personal property or any interest therein, financed, refinanced, acquired, owned, constructed, reconstructed, extended, rehabilitated, improved, or equipped, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the authority or through loans made by it and which is designed and intended for the purpose of providing facilities for manufacturing, industrial, processing, warehousing, commercial (including wholesale or retail trade), recreational, hotel, office, research, business (whether or not for profit), or other related purposes, including, but not limited to, machinery and equipment deemed necessary or desirable for the operation thereof;
(a) The cost of construction;
(b) The cost of acquisition of property, including rights in land and other property, both real and personal and improved and unimproved;
(c) The cost of demolishing, removing, or relocating any buildings or structures on lands so acquired, including the cost of acquiring any lands to which such buildings or structures may be moved or relocated;
(d) The cost of all machinery, equipment and personal property, financing charges, interest prior to and during construction, and, if deemed advisable by the authority, for a period not exceeding one year after completion of construction, the cost of engineering and architectural surveys, plans and specifications; and
(e) The cost of consultant and legal services, other expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of construction and administrative and other expenses necessary or incident to construction and the financing of construction;
(7) "Lender," any federal or state chartered bank, insurance company, credit union, mortgage loan company, federal land bank, production credit association, bank for cooperatives, federal or state chartered savings and loan association or building and loan association, small business investment company, or any other institution or association qualified within this state to originate and service loans;
(8) "Working capital needs of business," the requirements of any manufacturing, industrial, processing, warehousing, commercial (including wholesale or retail trade), recreational, hotel, office, research, farming, or ranching enterprise located in the State of South Dakota or enterprise located in the State of South Dakota engaged in the production of agricultural commodities to finance cash flow, inventory, receivables or other current assets or to finance the cost of operating expenses of such enterprise or any combination of the foregoing.
SL 1986, ch 16, § 4; SL 1995, ch 4, § 3; SL 1997, ch 5, § 1.
Get Chapter 1-16E