1-16G-69. South Dakota Tribal Economic Development Task Force established. There is hereby established the South Dakota Tribal Economic Development Task Force. The task force consists of the following members:
(1) For each of the nine Indian tribes located in South Dakota that chooses to participate in the task force, the chairman or president of the tribe or a person designated by the tribal chairman or tribal president to represent the participating tribe;
(2) The secretary of the Department of Tribal Relations;
(3) Two current or former members of the House of Representatives who have served as members of the State-Tribal Relations Committee to be appointed by the speaker of the House of Representatives;
(4) Two current or former members of the Senate who have served as members of the State-Tribal Relations Committee to be appointed by the president pro tempore of the Senate; and
(5) Five persons appointed by the Executive Board of the Legislative Research Council.
If a vacancy on the task force occurs, the vacancy shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
Source: SL 2014, ch 7, § 3.
Get Chapter 1-16G