1-18-3. Historical society created--Duties. There is hereby created the South Dakota State Historical Society which shall perform the following duties and any other duties as may be imposed upon it by law:
(1) Provide education of the public in the fields of history;
(2) Promote the preservation of sites of historical and cultural significance;
(3) Private fund raising to support historical projects;
(4) Continue responsibilities and contracts with members of the society, as provided by law;
(5) Maintain liaison and support with local historical societies and groups;
(6) Serve as an advisory group to the secretary of education and the State Historical Society Board of Trustees so as to promote cooperation in the preservation of the history of the state;
(7) Conduct special programs and public events to promote history;
(8) Publish such information relating to the history of the state as it deems advisable.
The South Dakota State Historical Society shall be organized with officers and members as hereinafter provided.
Source: SDC 1939, § 29.0103; SL 1974, ch 10, § 1; SL 2003 ch 272 (Ex. Ord.), § 82; SL 2005, ch 10, § 5; SL 2011, ch 1 (Ex. Ord. 11-1), § 91, eff. Apr. 12, 2011; SL 2015, ch 277 (Ex. Ord. 15-1), § 21, eff. Apr. 20, 2015.