1-19A-26. Determining heritage areas. The board shall consider the following when determining if a county, municipality, or township is designated as a heritage area:
(1) Whether there is an established program which interprets the entirety of the historic properties to both the residents and visiting public of the proposed heritage area;
(2) Whether there is an adopted and actively implemented historic preservation plan encompassing all of the historic properties within the proposed heritage area;
(3) Whether there is a demonstrated ability to use historic properties within the proposed heritage area to contribute to the economic welfare of this state;
(4) Whether the proposed heritage area is readily identifiable to the visiting public;
(5) Whether there are established effective partnerships among public, private, and nonprofit entities appropriate for the protection and promotion of the proposed heritage area; and
(6) Whether the quality of the preservation, interpretation, and management of the proposed heritage area meets the standards established by the board.Source:
SL 1994, ch 17, § 2.