1-21-10. Conduct of state fairs and other activities. The Department of Agriculture may hold state fairs and other activities at the city of Huron at such times as it may determine. The secretary of agriculture may promulgate rules pursuant to chapter 1-26 concerning:
(1) Traffic and camping regulation;
(2) Advertising on the fairgrounds;
(3) Admission policies;
(4) Employee policies;
(5) Exhibitor policies;
(6) Maintenance responsibilities;
(7) Entry requirements;
(8) Department superintendent duties;
(9) Health and heredity requirements for animals;
(10) The provision of feed and forage;
(11) Administration of stalls;
(12) Judges and judging;
(13) Protests and appeals;
(14) Premiums and awards;
(15) Space rental provisions and requirements;
(16) The establishment of opening and closing dates;
(17) The establishment and collection of fees for admission, parking, camping, entry, and exhibits, solicitation booths, and commercial exhibits; and
(18) Terms, conditions, and fees for the use of the fairgrounds and fairgrounds facilities when the state fair is not in progress.
The department may collect exhibits, offer and pay premiums, fix the terms and times of admission to the grandstand and outside gate, appoint judges, employ personnel, and do any act necessary in the conduct of the state fairs and other activities. The department may adopt special rules governing specific premiums, awards, entry, and exhibit requirements and related policies pursuant to subdivision 1-26-1(8) within the scope of the general rules authorized pursuant to this section.
Source: SDC 1939, § 55.4603; SL 1949, ch 226, § 1; SL 1964, ch 165; SL 1986, ch 326, § 1; SL 1987, ch 21; SL 1992, ch 8, § 2; SL 2003, ch 16, § 6.