1-22-5. Powers and duties of council. The powers and duties of the council are:
(1) To promote, stimulate, encourage, recognize, and assist the arts in every way possible;
(2) To conduct research and provide a plan for the development of the arts in the State of South Dakota;
(3) To coordinate activities of the federal, state, and local governments and the state's institutions in relation to the arts;
(4) To approve projects for federal and state aid for the arts;
(5) To comply with the requirements of federal law relating to federal aid; and
(6) To accept, receive, and administer gifts, bequests, grants, and endowments from any sources whatsoever to further the purposes, objectives, and provisions of this chapter.Source:
SL 1966, ch 183, § 5; SL 1985, ch 12, § 6; SL 2009, ch 1, § 114.