1-25-12. Definitions. Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) "Political subdivision," any association, authority, board, commission, committee, council, task force, school district, county, city, town, township, or other local government entity that is created or appointed by statute, ordinance, or resolution and is vested with the authority to exercise any sovereign power derived from state law;
(2) "Public body," any political subdivision and the state;
(3) "Official meeting," any meeting of a quorum of a public body at which official business or public policy of that public body is discussed or decided by the public body, whether in person or by means of teleconference;
(4) "Teleconference," information exchanged by any audio, video, or electronic medium, including the internet;
(5) "State," each board, commission, department, or agency of the State of South Dakota. The term, state, does not include the Legislature.Source:
SL 2019, ch 3, § 1.
Get Chapter 1-25