1-33-43. Functions of Bureau of Information and Telecommunications. The Bureau of Information and Telecommunications shall perform functions to include, but not be limited to:
(1) Providing technical and management assistance to state agencies and institutions as to systems or methods to be used to meet information and communication requirements efficiently and effectively;
(2) Developing and proposing operational technical standards for the state information systems which will ensure the interconnection of computer networks and information of state agencies;
(3) Purchasing from, or contracting with, suppliers and communications common carriers for communications facilities or services;
(4) Cooperating with any federal, state, or local emergency management agency in providing for emergency communication and information services;
(5) Providing, where deemed feasible, a means whereby local governmental agencies, the association authorized by § 13-8-10.1, and the school administrators of South Dakota may utilize the state communication and information systems and service; and
(6) In cooperation with the appropriate state agencies, plan, design, and conduct experiments in information services, equipment, and technology, and to implement enhancements in the state information system.Source:
SL 1994, ch 412 (Ex. Ord. 94-4), § 29; SL 1999, ch 227, § 11.