1-45-4. Divisions and agencies constituting department--Independent functions--Budgetary powers of secretary--Planning powers of commission. The Department of Education consists of the divisions of workforce and career preparation, education services and resources, library services, and such other divisions and agencies as may be created by law, executive order, or administrative action and placed within the department. Each division shall perform its prescribed functions, subject to the following provisions:
(1) The secretary shall review and make recommendations concerning the annual budget request of each division; and
(2) The secretary may approve comprehensive education plans for the department;
(3) The secretary shall perform any functions assigned to the secretary under federal law; and
(4) The secretary shall perform the functions transferred from other agencies as specified in this chapter; and
(5) The secretary shall perform other personnel, organization, staffing, directing, coordinating, and reporting functions as assigned by law or executive directives of the Office of the Governor.Source:
SL 1973, ch 2, § 239; SL 1991, ch 21, § 1; SL 1996, ch 8, § 10; SL 2003, ch 272 (Ex. Ord. 03-1), § 101.
Get Chapter 1-45