12-27-29. Records required to be kept by treasurer of political committee--Violation as misdemeanor. The treasurer of a political committee shall maintain and preserve detailed and accurate records of the following:
(1) Each contribution and donated good or service contribution received by the political committee;
(2) In the case of a ballot question committee, the information required by § 12-27-19 for any entity contribution;
(3) Each loan received or made by the political committee;
(4) Each refund, rebate, interest, or other income received by the political committee;
(5) All receipts, invoices, bills, canceled checks, or other proofs of payment, with an explanation of each, for each expenditure;
(6) The name and address of any financial institution where an account or depository for the political committee is maintained including the account number.
The treasurer shall maintain and preserve the records for a period of seven years or three years past the date of filing the termination statement for the election for which the contribution or expenditure was made, whichever is earlier. A violation of this section is a Class 2 misdemeanor. Any subsequent offense within a calendar year is a Class 1 misdemeanor.
Source: SL 2007, ch 80, § 29; SL 2017, ch 71, § 31.
Get Chapter 12-27