Codified Laws

Text Search

Enter the text to search for and click Search to get a list of statutes containing the text you entered. Tips:
  • Multiple words will be searched as a phrase. Entering Property Tax will return statutes that contain the complete phrase Property Tax.
  • Logical Operators are allowed. Hunting and Fishing will return statutes that containing both hunting and fishing. Hunting or Fishing will return statutes that contain hunting, fishing, or both.
  • Wild cards(*) are allowed. Entering Approp* will return statutes that contain Appropriation, Appropriate, Appropriated, etc..
  • Punctuation can also be used as operators. + = and, , = or. Searching for phrases that have , and will result in error unless you enclose the entire phrase in quotes.
The Filter option allows you to narrow your search results to a specific Title or Chapter. Here is a tip for using the filter option.
  • Use a dash (-) as the last character of your filter to refine searches. For example the filter "1-1" returns sections in 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-12, etc. The filter "1-1-" returns only sections in Chapter 1-1.

Quick Find

Type the Statute number you are looking for in the form Title-Chapter-Section . Examples(1-1-1.1, 27A-11A-12, etc.)

The Get Statute button can be used to locate a specific statute. You may type in a title, chapter, or section number. Example: typing 1 will return the chapter list for Title 1, typing 1-1 will return the section list for chapter 1-1, typing 1-1-1 will return section 1-1-1 of the statutes.

The Get Chapter button can be used to load a complete chapter of the statutes. This function requires a title and a chapter number. Examples: 1-1, 57A-1, 1-3

     13-42-10.   Suspension or refusal to issue or renew certificate for breach of contract. The secretary may suspend or refuse to issue or renew any certificate for a period not to exceed one year for breaking a contract with a school. However, the secretary may not suspend the certificate if the school board or governing body collects liquidated damages pursuant to the terms of the contract. In order to initiate proceedings pursuant to this section, the school board or governing body employing the certificate holder shall file a complaint pursuant to § 13-42-12.

Source: SL 1955, ch 41, ch 16, § 6; SDC Supp 1960, § 15.3806; SL 1984, ch 123, § 1; SL 1989, ch 153, § 7; SL 1991, ch 20, §§ 17, 18; SL 2001, ch 87, § 1; SL 2003, ch 272 (Ex. Ord. 03-1), § 63; SL 2015, ch 98, § 9.

Get Chapter 13-42
Back to Chapter 13-42