2-15-16. Definitions. Terms used in §§ 2-15-17 to 2-15-21, inclusive, mean:
(1) "Article V convention," convention for proposing amendments as expressly provided in Article V of the United States of America Constitution; and
(2) "Article V application," a joint resolution passed by the State Legislature of South Dakota on the same subject or containing the same proposed amendment text as thirty-three other sovereign states requiring Congress to call an Article V convention by setting the time and place; and
(3) "Delegate" or "alternate," any person selected by the State Legislature of South Dakota or any other method provided by law to represent the State of South Dakota at an Article V convention; and
(4) "Legislative instructions," instructions given by the State Legislature to delegates and alternates before and during an Article V convention; and
(5) "Unauthorized amendment," any proposed amendment that is outside the subject matter or permitted text.Source:
SL 2015, ch 2, § 1.