2-16-10.1. Additional powers of commission. In addition to those set forth in this chapter, the Code Commission shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To advise, assist, and consult with the code counsel regarding any function, power, or duty conferred by law upon said code counsel;
(2) To undertake such substantive or bulk revisions, compilations and supplements to the South Dakota code as may be directed by the Legislature or as may be incidental to the assistance of the code counsel as provided in subdivision (1) of this section;
(3) To make such recommendations to the Legislature as to the laws of this state as it shall determine to be necessary and desirable for the general improvement of this state's laws and to direct the code counsel to prepare such bills as are appropriate to implement such recommendations;
(4) To contract for replacement of volumes whenever such volumes, with the cumulative pocket parts, become too voluminous for practical use; and
(5) To do all things which are consistent with the purpose of this chapter and deemed necessary by it.Source:
SL 1970, ch 18, § 5.