2-6-33. Task force to study impact of sexual abuse of children. The task force shall study the impact of sexual abuse of children in the state and make a report to the Legislature on the prevalence of sexual abuse of children in the state and make policy recommendations to address the following areas:
(1) Methods to increase awareness of issues regarding sexual abuse of children, including warning signs that may indicate that a child is the victim of sexual abuse and the actions and language a child may use to express that they are a victim of sexual abuse;
(2) The actions that a child who is the victim of sexual abuse could take to obtain assistance and intervention;
(3) How to best provide support and assistance to children who are victims of sexual abuse;
(4) Policies to encourage adults to take responsibility for the protection of children from sexual abuse and to respond appropriately when sexual abuse of a child is suspected;
(5) Collaboration of public and private organizations to assist in the recognition and prevention of sexual abuse of children, using research and evidence based practice; and
(6) Any other recommendation the task force deems appropriate in addressing this issue.Source:
SL 2014, ch 13, § 3.