2-9-11. Powers and duties of code counsel. In addition to other powers and duties conferred by law or authorized by the executive board or by the Code Commission, the code counsel shall:
(1) Provide staff assistance to and attend all meetings of the Code Commission and make such recommendations to the commission as he deems essential for the general improvement of the laws of the State of South Dakota;
(2) Submit to each regular session of the Legislature the approved recommendations of the Code Commission as to the laws of the state, draft bills for proposed legislation to carry out such recommendations, and present them to the appropriate legislative committees;
(3) Advise and otherwise assist the members of the Legislature in legal research and in the preparation of bills;
(4) Prepare and index the session laws which shall include all rules of court adopted or amended subsequent to the publication of the last preceding volume of session laws;
(5) Protect the interest of the State of South Dakota in all material published under chapters 2-13 and 2-16, whether printed or on computer retrieval systems.Source:
SL 1970, ch 15, §§ 2, 7; SL 1988, ch 24, § 1.
Get Chapter 2-9