22-22-42. Bestiality--Acts constituting--Commission a felony. No person, for the purpose of that person's sexual gratification, may:
(1) Engage in a sexual act with an animal; or
(2) Coerce any other person to engage in a sexual act with an animal; or
(3) Use any part of the person's body or an object to sexually stimulate an animal; or
(4) Videotape a person engaging in a sexual act with an animal; or
(5) Kill or physically abuse an animal.
Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of the crime of bestiality. Bestiality is a Class 6 felony. However, if the person has been previously convicted of a sex crime pursuant to § 22-24B-1, any subsequent violation of this section is a Class 5 felony.
Source: SL 2003, ch 127, § 1; SL 2005, ch 120, § 406.