22-24B-8. Information required for sex offender registration--DNA sample--Violation as felony. The registration shall include the following information which, unless otherwise indicated, shall be provided by the offender:
(1) Name, date of birth, and all aliases used;
(2) Complete description, photographs, fingerprints and palm prints collected and provided by the registering agency;
(3) Residence, length of time at that residence including the date the residence was established, and length of time expected to remain at that residence;
(4) The type of sex crime convicted of;
(5) The date of commission and the date of conviction of any sex crime committed;
(6) Social Security number on a separate confidential form;
(7) Driver license or identification card number, state of issuance, and a photocopy of the driver license or identification card;
(8) Whether or not the registrant is receiving or has received any sex offender treatment;
(9) Employer name, address, and phone number or school name, address, and phone number;
(10) Length of employment or length of attendance at school;
(11) Occupation or vocation;
(12) Vehicle license plate number of any vehicle owned or regularly operated by the offender;
(13) Information identifying any internet accounts of the offender as well as any user names, screen names, and aliases that the offender uses on the internet;
(14) A listing of all felony convictions, in any jurisdiction, for crimes committed as an adult and sex offense convictions and adjudications subject to sex offender registry provided by the offender and confirmed by the registering agency;
(15) A description of the offense, provided by the prosecuting attorney;
(16) Acknowledgment whether the offender is currently an inmate, parolee, juvenile in department of corrections placement or under aftercare supervision, county or city jail inmate or detainee in a juvenile detention center, provided by the offender and confirmed by the administering body of the correctional facility;
(17) Acknowledgment whether the offender is subject to community safety zone restrictions, provided by the registering agency;
(18) The name, address and phone number of two local contacts, who have regular interaction with the offender and the name, address and phone number of the offender's next of kin;
(19) Passport and any document establishing immigration status, including the document type and number along with a photocopy of the passport or immigration document; and
(20) Any professional, occupational, business or trade license from any jurisdiction.
In addition, at the time of the offender's registration, the registering agency will collect a DNA sample and submit the sample to the South Dakota State Forensic Laboratory in accordance with procedures established by the South Dakota State Forensic Laboratory. The collection of DNA at the time of the registration is not required if the registering agency can confirm that DNA collection and submission to the South Dakota State Forensic Laboratory has already occurred.
Any failure by the offender to accurately provide the information required by this section is a Class 6 felony.
Source: SL 1994, ch 174, § 3; SL 1998, ch 134, § 2; SL 2003, ch 125, § 2; SDCL § 22-22-32; SL 2005, ch 120, § 415; SL 2006, ch 123, § 7; SL 2011, ch 117, § 3; SL 2016, ch 126, § 3.
Get Chapter 22-24B