23-5-10. Definition of terms. Terms used in §§ 23-5-10 to 23-5-13, inclusive, mean:
(1) "Confidential criminal justice information," criminal identification information compiled pursuant to chapter 23-5, criminal intelligence information, criminal investigative information, criminal statistics information made confidential pursuant to § 23-6-14, and criminal justice information otherwise made confidential by law;
(2) "Criminal history information," arrest information, conviction information, disposition information and correction information compiled by the attorney general pursuant to chapter 23-5, commonly referred to as a "rap sheet";
(3) "Criminal intelligence information," information associated with an identifiable individual, group, organization, or event compiled by a law enforcement agency: in the course of conducting an investigation into a criminal conspiracy, projecting a potential criminal operation, or producing an estimate of future criminal activities; or in relation to the reliability of information derived from reports of informants or investigators or from any type of surveillance;
(4) "Criminal investigative information," information associated with an individual, group, organization, or event compiled by a law enforcement agency in the course of conducting an investigation of a crime or crimes. This includes information about a crime or crimes derived from reports of officers, deputies, agents, informants, or investigators or from any type of surveillance;
(5) "Call for service," an event occurring in or near the jurisdiction of a law enforcement agency that requires law enforcement response, evaluation, action, or documentation.Source:
SL 1986, ch 189, § 1; SL 2004, ch 161, § 1.