28-13-1.3. Medically indigent person defined. A medically indigent person is one who meets the following criteria:
(1) Requires medically necessary hospital services for which no public or private third-party coverage, such as insurance, veterans' assistance, medicaid, or medicare, is available which covers the actual cost of hospitalization;
(2) Has no ability or only limited ability, as determined under the provisions of this chapter, to pay a debt for hospitalization;
(3) Has not voluntarily reduced or eliminated ownership or control of an asset for the purpose of establishing eligibility;
(4) Is not indigent by design; and
(5) Is not a veteran or a member of a Native American tribe who is eligible or would have been eligible for services through the veterans administration or the Indian Health Service if the services had been applied for within seventy-two hours of the person's admission.Source:
SL 1997, ch 170, § 4.
Get Chapter 28-13