29A-5-403. Annual report of guardian of protected person. A guardian of a protected person shall file a report with the court within sixty days following the first anniversary of the appointment and:
(1) At least annually thereafter;
(2) When the court orders additional reports to be filed;
(3) When the guardian resigns or is removed; and
(4) When the guardianship is terminated unless the court determines that there is then no need therefor.
A guardian may elect to file a periodic report on a calendar-year basis. However, in no event may such a report cover a period of more than one year. A calendar-year report shall be filed with the court no later than April fifteenth of the succeeding year.
A report shall briefly state:
(1) The current mental, physical and social condition of the protected person;
(2) The living arrangements during the reporting period;
(3) The medical, educational, vocational and other professional services provided to the protected person and the guardian's opinion as to the adequacy of the protected person's care;
(4) A summary of the guardian's visits with and activities on the protected person's behalf;
(5) If the protected person is institutionalized, whether the guardian agrees with the current treatment or habilitation plan;
(6) A recommendation as to the need for continued guardianship and any recommended changes in the scope of the guardianship;
(7) Any other information requested by the court or useful in the opinion of the guardian; and
(8) The compensation requested and the reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by the guardian.
A guardian shall mail a copy of the report to the individuals and entities specified in § 29A-5-410 no later than fourteen days following its filing.
Any interested person may request a hearing on the report. The court may order the guardian to attend the hearing on the report on the court's own motion or on the petition of any interested person. A report of the guardian may be incorporated into and made a part of the accounting of the conservator.
Source: SL 1993, ch 213, § 46; SL 1994, ch 233, § 3; SDCL 30-36-46; SL 1995, ch 167, § 181.
Get Chapter 29A-5