Codified Laws

Text Search

Enter the text to search for and click Search to get a list of statutes containing the text you entered. Tips:
  • Multiple words will be searched as a phrase. Entering Property Tax will return statutes that contain the complete phrase Property Tax.
  • Logical Operators are allowed. Hunting and Fishing will return statutes that containing both hunting and fishing. Hunting or Fishing will return statutes that contain hunting, fishing, or both.
  • Wild cards(*) are allowed. Entering Approp* will return statutes that contain Appropriation, Appropriate, Appropriated, etc..
  • Punctuation can also be used as operators. + = and, , = or. Searching for phrases that have , and will result in error unless you enclose the entire phrase in quotes.
The Filter option allows you to narrow your search results to a specific Title or Chapter. Here is a tip for using the filter option.
  • Use a dash (-) as the last character of your filter to refine searches. For example the filter "1-1" returns sections in 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-12, etc. The filter "1-1-" returns only sections in Chapter 1-1.

Quick Find

Type the Statute number you are looking for in the form Title-Chapter-Section . Examples(1-1-1.1, 27A-11A-12, etc.)

The Get Statute button can be used to locate a specific statute. You may type in a title, chapter, or section number. Example: typing 1 will return the chapter list for Title 1, typing 1-1 will return the section list for chapter 1-1, typing 1-1-1 will return section 1-1-1 of the statutes.

The Get Chapter button can be used to load a complete chapter of the statutes. This function requires a title and a chapter number. Examples: 1-1, 57A-1, 1-3

     3-4-9.   Temporary resignation of elected official--Notice--Temporary replacement--Length of term. If any member of a governing body or any other elected officer of a county, municipality, school district, township, or special purpose district, who is incapacitated by illness or an accident which causes the member or officer to be unable to attend meetings of the governing body or fulfill the duties of the office, the member may elect to temporarily resign from the governing body or office. Notice of temporary resignation may be given in the same manner as giving notice of resignation from the governing body or office. If the member or officer is unable to give notice, the member's or officer's spouse or guardian or any person who has durable power of attorney for the member or officer may give notice of resignation. A temporary replacement may be made in accordance with the provisions of statute applying to the governing body or office. The temporary member or officer shall serve until the member or officer is able to fulfill the requirements of office or until the expiration of the member's or officer's term, whichever comes first.

Source: SL 2004, ch 32, ยง 1.

Get Chapter 3-4
Back to Chapter 3-4